Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I HAVE A 650 G2 PRO NOTE BOOK WHICH I RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 PRO TO WIN 10 PRO HOPING IT WOULD FIX MY RED X BESIDE THE SPEAKER SYMBOL IN THE TASK BAR BUT ITS STILL THE SAME NO SOUND DEVICE DETECTED.I HAVE BEEN THROUGH ALL UP FIXES AND GOOGLE SUGGESTIONS THROUGH LEGACY HARDWARE TRIED TO INSTALL THE ORIGINAL SOUND WHICH IT WONT ACCEPT I HAVE INSTALLED REALTEK BUT IT WONT WORK CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP. HAVE DONE ALL UPDATES AND REINSALLED WINDOWS 3 TIMES. JOHN.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@WILLOW5110 

Please download and install the following Conexant HD Audio Driver for your machine:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111438.exe

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks for your quick reply had tried this and other drivers including realtek  but the computer says installation fail could not find a device for this driver.the realtek installed with a yellow triangle but said it may not work and didnt. can you suggust any other options thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.