Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-02-2020 10:11 AM
Recently I have realized that my left speaker is quieter than the left one. Even when I disable the right speaker using the balancing option in sound control panel, the left speaker loudness is very low.
I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting. Also, I uninstalled the sound driver and reinstall it using windows update. But nothing has changed.
Thanks in advance,
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
01-04-2020 02:26 PM
I have gone through your post and would like to help
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date.
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
If the issue persists run an Audio Test and check if the left speaker has the same issue
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
01-05-2020 03:31 AM
Thanks for your answer.
There is no windows update but there was only a BIOS update in the HP Support Assistant. After that the problem was not solved. Also, I made the component test and again the left speaker had the similar issue.
01-05-2020 09:38 AM
Please try these steps -
Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -
1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -
1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee
01-07-2020 10:45 AM
Since you experienced the same problem with the left speaker, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options since this is likely to be a Hardware issue
Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support
I Am An HP Employee