Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 df-0006nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all, i'm here to ask you a solution for my problem hoping that is only software and not hardware.

i've noticed that the left speaker of my laptop is incredbly low also changing the direction of input on the left speaker only, it is really low and without bass frequencies, and never set to 100 the volume.

I've already done a fresh new installation of Windows 10 some weeks ago, all drivers are updated. What can i do?

Thanks so much for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solution: probably a connector was slightly disconnected. These are the steps I performed: I disassembled the cover, cleaned the little dust, tightened the speaker connector in its seat, disassembled and reassembled the speaker and then I reassembled everything. Now the audio is perfect.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EnDico1 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
               https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp97001-97500/sp97021.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply!

I've downloaded the driver but it return a popup message that says: "The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.18363)." and stops the installation.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem. left speaker volume really low. tried uninstalling drivers, no luck. tried dl the suggested file but got error message not supported on this os. any other ideas. headphones gives same problem on left channel.

HP Recommended

I tried one thing that worked. Turn off the laptop by holding in the off button for 10 seconds after the computer shuts down. turn on and see if that works.

HP Recommended

Solution: probably a connector was slightly disconnected. These are the steps I performed: I disassembled the cover, cleaned the little dust, tightened the speaker connector in its seat, disassembled and reassembled the speaker and then I reassembled everything. Now the audio is perfect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.