Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15z-db100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I got my computer early July, but I wasn't able to really spend time with it until a couple of weeks ago. Seems like this has been going on the whole time: when a sound is to be made, it takes a long time for the sound to happen. I test this using the volume bar in the lower right. I measured from when I clicked to change the volume, to when the sound happened. It took 1 minute 20 seconds. As far as YouTube, the video wont start until the sound is ready, so I wait over a minute before starting any video or continuing a video if I'd paused it. I went through the Virtual Agent's suggestions including updating my BIOS. I saw that someone else had results by doing a Clean Boot, so I tried that, but it still can't detect that there is a problem. The sound is fine when I use my Bluetooth headset and when it checked the sound in the UEFI it was fine. And there was a time (for only a minute) when it was fine on it's own.

Thanks!

Edit: I don't know if it makes a difference, but once the video starts on YouTube, it goes fine until paused.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Kelli781648

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Try testing the hardware - 

1. Shutdown the computer.

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3. Press F2 once.

4. Go to Component test.

5. From the list, run the audio test. 

If the hardware is fine, please back-up the data and re-install the operating system - 

1. Shutdown the computer.

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.

5. Click on Troubleshoot.

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.

Note : System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry for the long delay. I am a student and one of the programs I have already installed is limited to my school, so I am going to ask the Tech Director if he recommends some way to save the program vs just taking another seat later. He was gone on vacation. I will let you know if re-installing will help. But if I do that, I will also use the Pro version I get free from school.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Kelli781648

You are welcome. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, so I'm going to assume you read what I wrote and it's OK to install a different OS.

I get Windows 10 Pro free from my school.

HP Recommended

@Kelli781648

If it is a hardware issue, re-installing or upgrading the operating system will not resolve the problem. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The hardware test came out fine. I did the recovery like you stated and it is still delayed, which makes sense since it was always doing this. What is the next step?

HP Recommended

@Kelli781648

Try media creation tool.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you saying that I should make a flash-drive with Windows on it and install from there?

HP Recommended

@Kelli781648

That's right!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.