Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15t-cs200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just received new laptop, I don't know if Bang & Olufsen or HP Audio Control application was originally installed, as it updated as soon I connected to internet. I've tried all of the software updates including older version of Realtek like 2.81 but it won't load with V1909, and still no audio control, no B&O or HP. Is it something with Windows 10 V1909? The current drive installed is 6.0.8688.1, dated 4/23/2019. I would really like to have the audio control application on this laptop.  Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally got it. I downloaded version R2.82 from the Realtek site,  the 64 bit driver for Windows 10. choose computer peripheral ICs, PC audio codecs, high definition audio codecs, 8 channel, you can choose 892 or 898 as the version R2.82 is the same file.  I uninstalled the existing driver which wasn't displaying the HP Audio Control, make sure to click the box to delete the software before installing the new driver. The biggest thing of note is after you install and reboot it doesn't appear in the task bar, hidden icons or in the HP switch. I found it after hitting the start button to look at the listing of applications, and there it was HP Audio Control, and when I opened it up it said Bang & Olufsen on the bottom. What I also noticed was it had also installed the Omen Audio Control as well, same application. Now I can enjoy my music tuned to my liking, or close enough. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I finally got it. I downloaded version R2.82 from the Realtek site,  the 64 bit driver for Windows 10. choose computer peripheral ICs, PC audio codecs, high definition audio codecs, 8 channel, you can choose 892 or 898 as the version R2.82 is the same file.  I uninstalled the existing driver which wasn't displaying the HP Audio Control, make sure to click the box to delete the software before installing the new driver. The biggest thing of note is after you install and reboot it doesn't appear in the task bar, hidden icons or in the HP switch. I found it after hitting the start button to look at the listing of applications, and there it was HP Audio Control, and when I opened it up it said Bang & Olufsen on the bottom. What I also noticed was it had also installed the Omen Audio Control as well, same application. Now I can enjoy my music tuned to my liking, or close enough. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.