Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G60-642 nr notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Audio is not working at all after latest windows 10 update,

This same problem occurred earlier this year but i can't find tne procedure used to correct it.

P.S. 4:19 PM I found the solution from  the earlier posts. The Windows update apparently wiped out the settings in msconfig.

Here's how I fixed the problem:

go to ms config, Boot tab, Advanced Options, set max memory to 3072, apply , close, restart computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe and click on the Boot tab.

Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box, and set the value to 3072.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe and click on the Boot tab.

Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box, and set the value to 3072.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

That did it. Thank you very much! Apparently the Windows 10 update wiped out the necessary settings.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

The changing of max memory did not work

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.