Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen 17-cb1176ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem concerning the speakers of my recently purchased HP omen 17-cb1176ng: the max volume on windows 10 is very low, way lower than on my phone or my 7 years old hp pavillon g6.

I have tried to uninstall the device and reinstall it via device manager, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, everything is up to date via HP assistant and windows update, the bios is updated, I tried all conventional methods I could find. I know for a fact that the hardware is fine because on ubuntu they work fine, but I need them to work on windows 10.

I would gladly try older drivers but I couldn't find any that are compatible. I've done a fair bit of research and I found several other customers who had this same issue. Still couldn't find any solution, can you please help? I'd rather not having to send the product back, because I enjoy it otherwise. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi i have the Omen 17-cb1521na - and im having similar issues - if im using the speakers mu volume goes up and down like 100 down to 10 then back up to 100 - driving me nuts - tried drivers - the odd thing was thou is that i've downloaded the latest from the HP site as per my serial number and its claiming its not for my OS?  ive only had it 3 weeks - and already considering taking it back under the 28 day ruling as faulty

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing basically the same. I bought the laptop on black friday and am also considering sending it back, though it'd be a shame cause I like it other than this.

PLEASE don't recommend troubleshooting the audio cause I've done it and it doesn't help.

HP Recommended

@Ade_jedi 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107248.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey @banhien , thank you for your message.

I tried following your instructions but I get the following message when I try to run the .exe:

The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.19042).

Any other ideas? Any clue to know if HP is working on new drivers? I see lots of people have this issue as well.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

this is the same driver for me - and it wont update as per below - when i tried to get windows to search the folder - that installed and then caused my Laptop to BSOD - then i have to go back to clean up  - and yes ive already done a restore - whci to be honest i shouldn't be doing on a 3 week old laptop that cost £1300

There is either a problem with the laptop or the driver or both.  I have a Logitech Gaming headset  and a £400 bluetooth headphones which ive had to use instead both with no issues in fact i can take them off and place them beside the laptop and they are louder and i'm not kidding you.

This is going back tomorrow and im Buying the Acer Helios which has the same specs and the same 2 HDDS ive been a HP user my entire PC life when it comes to Laptops - this is the first time i've spent big bucks and i've never been so disappointed in a HP product 

driver.png

Driver 2.png

Driver 3.png

Driver Fail.png

HP Recommended

It appears that many customers are facing similar issues with speakers volume behaving in a weird and faulty way. Can we at least know if HP is working on new drivers or some fix for this or should I consider sending the unit back as faulty?

HP Recommended

Mines gone back... I can't wait for HP to fix the issue.. mines under 4 weeks old.. anything older then I have to jump through the repair hoops.. if you noticed also.. the same guy answered your post answers everyone else's but doesn't follow up.. so probably just looking for post numbers and kudos... But if you look deeper at least all the ones I looked at.. he hadn't helped any.. and I bet you ticked his kudos lol

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue, this is obviously a common fault and needs to be fixed immediately!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.