Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-20-2022 09:38 PM
I recently purchased a refurbished HP Elitebook 840 G3 for my brother. It's running Window 10 Pro 64 bit version 21H2. I am having two audio issues:
1. In Windows update I keep seeing an update for Conexant - Media 8.65.262.0. It appears to install but the next time I look at Windows Update, there it is again. I've seen that this has been a recurring problem but I don't understand what to do about it. I'm very novice when it comes to drivers.
2. The volume of the internal speakers isn't as loud as i think it should be, even with the levels set all the way up. I've seen recommendations for this but have not been able to resolve the issue (like there is no "playback devices" when I right click the speaker icon in the tray).
Can the two issues be related?
06-20-2022 10:21 PM
Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.
(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
06-21-2022 08:30 AM - edited 06-22-2022 12:16 PM
1. Thanks for your response and help. I performed the steps you provided and noticed that the Conexant drivers were reinstalled after uninstalling them and rebooting. Is that expected?
I then proceeded with installing the driver you had me download.
2. The volume is now about the same as my HP laptop (15t-cb000 CTO) but has a bit more of an echo quality. When I ran Windows Update, the Conexant update 8.65.262.0 still shows up "pending download".
4. The Conexant drivers under Audio inputs and controls is version 10.0.19041.1. The Conexant driver under Sound is version 184.108.40.206. Is that normal?
5. Comparing the two laptops I see that my PC doesn't have Conexant. It has Realtek. Is this a better driver? Are they interchangeable?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community