Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

****THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVE, PLEASE REMOVE THE "SOLVED" MARK*******

Note: 

- HP support already did troubleshooting.

- They make me do a factory Reset and it didn't work!

On my case my mic and speaker work just fine but eventually it will stop working in the middle of a meeting and the computer will give me errors as: "No Microphone Found" and "No Speaker Found".

If I restart the computer it will be working fine but I would like to fix this and be able to finish my meetings without restarting the laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this?

HP SOUND ERROR.jpg2020-08-26.png

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as Cnrv, exactly - same HP Envy x360 15m-0013dx.  For more detail, my machine has an AMD CPU/GPU, which may or may not include the AMD Radeon Graphics drivers and utilities.  The machine also has a Bang & Olufsen Audio Control  application.  The drivers look to be a combination of Realtek and AMD.

I have deleted sound drivers, cleaned up using the AMD Cleanup Utility, and reinstalled audio drivers (sp105839.exe and sp107252.exe), as well as updating the BIOS (I think this one was a red herring, but ... sp107510.exe).  There was improvement from an initial period where there was no sound at all to the situation that Cnrv describes where the mic and audio speakers stop working during video chat and require a system reboot.

When using Zoom (and possibly Skype) -- video chat, at any rate -- the same problem occurs - the application reports that the mic and sound -- all audio -- have stopped working.  Reboot, and the problem disappears until using Zoom again, usually within about 10 minutes, and regardless of whether other participants are are online or not.  Unfortunately, I am often the host, which means restarting not only my computer, but the meeting as well.

This computer is new since around August 10, 2020.
I am sure that Cnrv and I would both appreciate knowing which drivers to use, which systems or apps are in control (AMD? HP? Realtek? Bang & Olufsen?) and which drivers are the correct ones for our OS (Windows 10 64-bit).

HP Recommended

What a coincidence. We have the same problem and I also purchased my computer around the same week.

Thanks for explaining your issue.

HP Recommended

We may have a solution here.  I am referencing a similar problem posted by Kevin_V on 7/28/2020 with a solution provided by Paul_Tikkanen (Expert, Level 20).  I can't find a posting # or other ID, so here is the URL:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-x360-No-microphone-Model-15M-EE0013DX/td-p/7707...
Read that thread, download the ZIP file that is referenced on that page, and apply it exactly as he says.
So far, it appears to be working (I stayed on Zoom for about an hour without the mic and speakers dropping out.
If that doesn't work the first time, download the AMD Cleanup Utility from the AMD website (I'm sorry I don't have that reference any more and I really don't want to upload AMD software to an HP community page.)
I also found that uninstalling the drivers (Device Manager - sound, video and game controllers - Drivers - Uninstall) before installing the drivers from Paul_Tikkanen's link was essential.
Good luck, Cnrv!

HP Recommended

I actually tried that solution before creating this post. It did not work on my case 😞

HP Recommended

I unzip the file and follow the instruction.  I even tried to reset my computer (very painful).  Still not working.  My suggestion is to wait for HP to update the driver at the same time, and disable the AMD mic.  Use headset or USB mic for online meeting.

Charles 

HP Recommended

I called HP Warranty about this and they refuse to replace the product. They insist that I do a hard reset (Reinstall the OS) but that will just reinstall the same drivers I already have. I don't think it is going to work.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue across multiple 15M-EE0013DX machines. 

microphone cutting out and zoom crashing and a loud buzzing happening. I re-downloaded the latest drivers directly from AMD and it fixes it for a while but the crashing and buzzing during zoom continues. 

HP Recommended

I have to retract any acceptance of this fixing the problem.  It did not.  The scenario during a Zoom meeting, one where I am the host, is that, at some random time, but often 10-15 minutes into the meeting, a message pops us saying that my mic and speakers are not working.  Sometimes the speakers continue for another 30 seconds, but then the screen usually freezes.   A complete shutdown (not just a restart) is necessary (very inconvenient for the Zoom meeting host!). 
I don't think it's a router/wifi problem because another laptop (Microsoft Surface) using the same OS and connected to the same wifi WAP works fine.  I had considered that it might be a matter of what type of data was being streamed through the router - but that's not it.  I had considered that it might be a conflict of which application owned the sound at the time, Skype vs. Zoom, since Skype was running in background, but I shut down Skype and the problem occurred again, so that's not it. 
I am back to thinking that this may be either a bad driver, a driver conflict, or a "control" conflict.  I need to find either a driver that is correct and not defective, or figure out whether the Bang & Olufsen sound controller, the Realtek sound controller,  or the Microsoft control panel utility. 
Can anyone authoritatively say that they have solved this issue and what drivers they used?

HP Recommended

I did the factory reset and once the computer was back on the main screen i deactivated HP updates and only installed Windows updates.

Seems to be working so far. Can you please try this solution as well? I will keep you guys posted in case i get the same error again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.