03-24-2017 12:44 PM
Hi . So , i got an external mic and i pluged it in , (first with a 3.5mm jack audio combo then without it) my B&O showed the plug in message and i went to "control panel-sound" and at "recording" section it doesnt show nothig . I uninstalled Realtek and it showed but not as microphone but as headphones . The mic works fine on other devices. i literally tried everything : update drivers, plug/unplug , troubleshooting.
anyone ? Help ? here are som screenshots - realtek uninstalled-> http://imgur.com/P3NjxyK
realtek installed -> http://imgur.com/a/qz07C
03-25-2017 03:05 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion notebook. I understand that you are facing issues with connecting mic on your notebook and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
- Troubleshoot using troubleshooting tool.
- In Windows, search for and open Troubleshooting.
- Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording, then click Next when the Recording Audio window opens.
- Click Next in the Recording Audio window.
- Select the device you would like to troubleshoot, click Next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.
- If that does not work, check the sound settings.
Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.
Let me know how it goes.
I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,
Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.
I am an HP Employee
09-22-2019 05:58 AM
(This fixed my problem and might help others)
the "Capability Access Manager Service" might be disabled
go to your services by right clicking on your taskbar and left clicking on taskmanager
Go to the service tab and check if "Capability Access Manager Service" is disabled
If disabled right click "open service" in the bottom left of the taskmanager and re-enable this service
Hope this helps