Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7m-u109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ENVY nootebook  in its C:\ Windows\System32  there is  "MicTray64.exe".   It is found that  HP laptops with this file log your key strokes.  I didn't see HP Envy notebooks in the list of HP Laptops affected, should I remove this file?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not all versions of the Conexant driver record key strokes-even though all may have the MicTray64,exe. Check  C:\Users\Public\MicTray.log to see if you have records there.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi Cheryl:

Thanks for the reply.

I don't see  MicTray.log in C:\Users\Public, but in articles regarding this I read that should this file not exist, it will instead pass the keystrokes to an API named OutputDebugString.  How could I check this is not happening?

In Device Manager  under Microphone Array (conexant ISST Audio) I have  Version 10.0.14393.0  for the driver.  Is there away to check if this is one of those suspected drivers?

thanks

HP Recommended

Affected  versions are 1.0.0.31 and 1.0.0.43.

* Vulnerability has been discovered in MicTray64 version 
               1.0.0.31 / Thu Dec 24 08:35:35 2015  

* Higher impact has been discovered in most recent 
               MicTray64 version  1.0.0.46 / Tue Oct 11 10:56:13 2016

HP Recommended

HP Update on affected models and driver updates:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05519670

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.