Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi! @TopFueler, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Try going to control panel -> Go to hardware and sound -> sound -> recording -> double click the microphone in use -> select more settings -> disable allow applications to control this device exclusively. Check if this helps.

Also, if the issue persists, please uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and install the drivers from recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to install drivers from recovery manager.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i tried both solutions and still does not stay to max volume.  switches to mute by itself

HP Recommended

Hi @TopFueler,

I read the post completely. great troubleshooting, brilliant effort and splendid persistence to try and get the issue resolved. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

Please try the steps mentioned in the link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-m6-AUDIO-VOLUME-FLUCTUATION-AUTO-LEVELING-ISSUE...  It is a solution provided in the Hp community.

Please try these steps. It may do the trick for you.

If it does not please try the steps from this link:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/How-to-disable-Bang-amp-Olufsen-horrible-audio-correc... which is another forum accepted solution.

If this does not work try the steps from this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-compression-and-volume-fluctuation-HP-ENVY-... 

Finally, downloading this softpaq from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/model/11991509/docum... may do the trick for you. 

Also, try these steps please if the issue continues.

• Windows Audio is a Windows service that manages audio for Windows-based programs. If at all this service is stopped due to any reason, audio devices will not function properly.  
    To fix audio services, open the run command and launch services.msc.  

• In the services window search for Windows Audio and right-click on it to select Start to start the audio service. 

• And ensure the Startup Type is set to Automatic. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

• Restart the computer and check if it works. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My problem is with the microphone array not the speakers that you gave me solutions too.  this is a brand new laptop I am running window 10 with the conexant isst audio not realtek.  Can anyone HELP!!! Can I install another Microphone??? Frustrating!!!  Again my Bang and olufsen Microphone array automaticly switches to mute after I raise it to 100%  It switches to mute automaticly.  I have an HP envy notebook product number W0Q62AV

HP Recommended

Hi @TopFueler,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have tried to follow the steps suggested and still having the issue with the microphone gets muted automatically. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve your concern,

I would suggest is to update the Bios, Chipset drivers from the support website.

Let me know how things go. I'll be more than happy to assist you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had same problem with my laptop. It is OMEN Laptop. I tried to turn on my microphone array levels, but it kept turning off and muted. I looked for many solutions but didnt work. What should I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.