Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi experts,

I have updated my notebook this week and now I have static in my microphones. It doesn't matter if I use the Notebook's microphone or my headset microphone, there is static. It is not a constant static but only when I talk.

Troubleshooting tool can not detect anything wrong.

I have tried to Update the Driver (Realtek) under Device Manager, but it only got stuck at "Searching Online for Drivers..." It's been half an hour and nothing is being updated. Do I continue to let it update? My wifi is fine. This reminds me that lately my Windows Updates has also been stuck at a certain stage and couldn't update. Could this be related?

How can I get rid of the static? I need to use my microphone daily for work. 

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kahamama 

What is your Envy x360  ? Normally do a CLEAN install Audio driver/software would help. But what is your machine ? There are dozens and few generations of machines called Envy x360 .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Product name: HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-cn0xxx

But how to clean install the drivers?

Under the Sound, video and game controllers, I have Intel(R) Display Audio and Realtek(R) Audio. 

Which file should I download from Realtek?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

clean install the driver worked!

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

@Kahamama wrote:

clean install the driver worked!

Thank you very much!

You can use newer version (for Windows 1903) on the following link

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-cn0000-x360-convertible-pc/20270297

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem as Kahamama. How do I do a clean install of the drivers? I never saw the answer to that question in this thread! I've googled it but it seems like it gets into some programming stuff you have to know how to do by going through the old-fashioned C: prompt, and I'm nervous to screw something up.

HP Recommended

HI! I just tried to fix my audio and it worked because every time I recorded something it had static with my voice. I went to the device manager, scrolled to video, audio, and game controllers.  Then I uninstalled two realtek apps I had.  I did not restart my laptop.  I  went to this website https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-cn0000-x360-convertible-pc/20270297

under driver and audio I chose 

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Kaby Lake (Windows 10 v1809/v1903)

and installed it, without restarting my laptop after I uninstalled the realtek Kaby lake v1903 and it WORKED!!  Hope it works for you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.