Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello. 

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm on my second HP Envy laptop in the past week. I thought the first computer had a problem (so did Best Buy) because the mic isn't working in zoom. It's working via Cortana and in the test mode but in zoom - it's connected but there is no playback sound. 

I've followed instructions to uninstall drivers, uninstall zoom and reinstall and nothing! I know it's not the computer or mic and I absolutely love it so I don't want to get another one. 

If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. 

Thank you! 

Lori 

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19042.1237

Microprocessor
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GH
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Lori53 

Zoom allows you to turn on/off for audio and video. Please click option to use audio when you sign on Zoom session.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same question as Lori?  My microphone works outside of zoom, but not in Zoom.  I am a Zoom Admin and have the audio and video set to turn on automatically.  The microphone button (left hand bottom of screen is not disabled!  Nobody can hear me and recordings do not work.  Yet my microphone is fully operational in Windows! This is my second Envy Laptop in three days!

HP Recommended

As HP support is terrible, and I had the same problem, I'll share the solution that helped me (found on my own)

Control panel => hardware and sound => Sound => 'recording' tab => properties => 'advanced' tab => unselect 'Enable audio enhancements' => click 'apply' = Problem solved!

HP Recommended

Thank you Zillworth1 !! That fixed it. You accomplished what no one else could.

HP Recommended

I recently looked into this issue. I think the easiest way around this is to get a usb plug in mic. It should show up in the audio menu in zoom as an option. A stand alone mic is better than the built in one anyway and adjustable. 

HP Recommended

I Solved the problem by returning both laptops to vendor and obtaining a different model!  Fixed

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Zilworth for this fix. I have wasted hours trying to get help from Microsoft and HP, but both just keep saying the same things about deleting and reloading the apps, the drivers and then enabling the permissions, which were of course already enabled.

As there are a lot of Zoom users out there and a lot of HP Envy owners, you would think HP support would know how to fix it by now.

maybe they should monitor their own community support pages.

Anyway, thanks again for this - I would never have found this. For a start you cant get to it using settings, soo you have to be a control panel fan to even get started.... 

rgs geoff

HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked. My HP Envy microphone *was* working on Zoom last week, and for some inexplicable reason it stopped working today. Disabling the "Enable audio enhancements" checkbox restored it. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.