Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 15-bp165cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is HP envy X360 specific model number is 15-bp165cl. My Microphone is not working. it was working last semester May 2020. I only use the laptop for college so it has been in padded storage not used for 3 months. This laptop is not suitable for anything other than work/school work. I have a desk top I built for gaming and other extreme actives. I don't understand why it would stop working.  Today in a zoom meeting for class my Microphone was not working. I tried connecting my Bluetooth headphones to see if I could use them as a mic. still would not recognize any sound. If you tap by the camera it registers sound but not voice. Doing a google search there are tons of reports about this issue but no solution. The trouble shooter says there is nothing wrong with the microphone. all drivers are up to date. On zoom it states the microphone is not working, but the troubleshooter on windows says there is no issue. I don't see why zoom can detect an issue but not Microsoft. This would not be a big deal but not even external microphones I have tried are working with the laptop. It seems HP is blaming the hardware but that doesn't explain why external microphones are not working. Anyone experience this issue? anyone know any fixes? I would hate to have to buy another laptop just for school. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

My wife just had this exact same issue.  Tried rolling back the driver, reinstalling...  kept saying the device was installed and working fine.  Turns out, it was an issue with a privacy setting that somehow got switched off...

Start menu > Settings (gear icon) > Privacy (lock icon) > scroll in the left hand menu to Microphone > ensure that the option for "Allow apps to access your microphone" is turned on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.