Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15bs180tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mute led isnt working. I have updated HD Audio driver from HP site and Windows update.

tried uninstalling and intalling again and again still mute led not working

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Pramod_Jangir, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let us start off with updating the BIOS and Chipset drivers for your PC from HP website or you can download it using HP Support Assistant.

Refer to this link for help. Click here to download and install the HP Support Assistant.

Restart the computer and see if that helps. 

If the issue still persists uninstall the audio driver from the device manager and install the drivers using the HP recovery manager.

Refer to this article to know how to restore drivers using the HP recovery manager.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602 thanks for support,

I have tried your solution and it dosent work at all.
So finally i have to install a very old version of Audio driver from HP Software and Driver.

after installing audio driver for windows version 1803 in my updated 1903 version of windows it worked.
but i have an another issue regarding installing software package  of drivers is that when i try to install after unzipping a black CMD screen appear and installing process stuck there.

HP Recommended

@Pramod_Jangir

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602 

Thanks for support. 

for now i dont want to update windows bcz this problem occurred jst after updating windows.

Sorry Thanks

HP Recommended

@Pramod_Jangir

The suggested troubleshooting steps are necessary to isolate the issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.