Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mute button has a light that when i press it on to mute, the light doesn't come on now. But the the mute button is working no problems with that. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

Try this:

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
  3. Right-click and update the driver (automatic method)
  4. Reboot
  5. If that doesn't work, right-click and uninstall your computer's existing audio driver
  6. Action > Scan for hardware changes
  7. Reboot

Regards,

Eddy

If this has helped you, please consider hitting the thumbs up icon on the bottom to show your appreciation. In response to the number of views this thread has acquired, I will advise users to refer to HP's Software and Drivers page to download and install the latest audio driver available for their own laptop.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello

Try this:

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
  3. Right-click and update the driver (automatic method)
  4. Reboot
  5. If that doesn't work, right-click and uninstall your computer's existing audio driver
  6. Action > Scan for hardware changes
  7. Reboot

Regards,

Eddy

If this has helped you, please consider hitting the thumbs up icon on the bottom to show your appreciation. In response to the number of views this thread has acquired, I will advise users to refer to HP's Software and Drivers page to download and install the latest audio driver available for their own laptop.

HP Recommended

I have a question 

I have two audio drivers here-

1.Intel(R) Display audio

2.Realtek High Definition audio

Which of these should i uninstall, beacause updating didn't work.

And if i uninstall, it will reinstall right? just want to make sure..

HP Recommended

Hello samuel003,

Sorry about the late reply.

Please uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio and tick the box for uninstalling the drivers.

And yes, they will reinstall.

If that doesn't work, a specific model/product number would be appreciated. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Forum)

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Thanks, It worked 

Appreciate for helping mate.

HP Recommended

Hi,

All the fixes mentioned here are only a temporary fix. After reinstalling the driver, the mute light works fine for a couple of days then stops working again.

HP Recommended

Hello @777av8r,

Have you tried installing graphics drivers specific to your setup and not samuel003's?

A specific model/product number would be appreciated. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Forum)

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Product name - HP Pavilion
Product number- Y8K67UA#ABL

For the record, I have the same problem too.  What works for me is...

Open Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers, and then either Disable -> Enable the sound entity or uninstall the drivers -> Reboot.

This has happened multiple times and is annoying.  Please find a permanent fix and release an update.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem and it seems to be associated with Windows 10 updates from Microsoft. Perhaps it is a driver update that is changing the way that the Realtek audio driver works?

HP Recommended

@dbusguy wrote:

Product name - HP Pavilion
Product number- Y8K67UA#ABL

For the record, I have the same problem too.  What works for me is...

Open Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers, and then either Disable -> Enable the sound entity or uninstall the drivers -> Reboot.

This has happened multiple times and is annoying.  Please find a permanent fix and release an update.

Thanks

Disable-> Enable works for me (HP 450 G2) without the need to reboot...but a few days later it fails again (possible after the next Windows update).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.