Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an ion contour turntable connected to my laptop and use software to convert vinyl recordings to digital. This has worked fine for years but in the last week has stopped. I am not getting the record sound through my laptop and the software levels are not registering sound. The laptop is recognising the software and is recognising the connection to the turntable. I have updated the software, replaced the cable and checked ports but still nothing. Help please!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Those devices normally connect to the PC with a USB cable.

Check the sound settings on the laptop to see if the USB port is still shown as a source.  A recent update or some other software  might have changed the settings.

You could also verify the turntable is still outputting sound thru the USB port by connecting it to a different device

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks. I have tried the turntable on another device, so that is working fine. i have read some stuff about the latest windows update causing audio problems. Not sure how I fix that or reinstall.

HP Recommended

Thank you "The OldMan" I have found where to restore sound. All good now!

HP Recommended

I think I jumped the gun a bit there. I can now get the turntable to play and can hear music through my laptop but still not recording.  Has something become disabled in an update?

HP Recommended

I have an ion contour turntable connected to my laptop and use software to convert vinyl recordings to digital. This has worked fine for years but in the last week has stopped. I was not getting the record sound through my laptop but have resolved that but still the software levels are not registering sound and nothing is recording. The laptop is recognising the software and is recognising the connection to the turntable. I have updated the software, replaced the cable and checked ports but still nothing.  The turntable is fine as it is still playing and recording through an old laptop. Has something (input?/output?) become disabled in an upgrade? Help please!

HP Recommended

Right click on the speaker icon - lower right, near the clock.

Then click on "Sounds"  on the next screen, click on the "Recording" tab and make sure there is a device ticked that uses the USB or the motherboard audio device, - Realtek or whatever the laptop has

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi. In the recordings tab I have 3 devices . The selected one is called Microphone - USB PnP Audio Device. It says the device is working properly. The others listed are Realtec Microphone array and Stereo Mix which both say are ready. Do you think I should try to uninstall these and then reinstall? If I do that how do I know if I am reinstalling the right one???? 

HP Recommended

If you are hearing the turntable now thru the PC's speakers, then enable the "stereo mix" as the recording input and it should start recording what you hear.  Do not change any other settings.

If need any clarification, see here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.