Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I am from India kerala. My hp laptop internal microphone not working . But while checking it is showing that it is working properly.
But with headphones it is working fine.
So pl tell me how can I change my internal microphone.
My model is hp envy x 360 15-u110dx 15.6 inch .
I reviewed your post and I understand that the microphone on your computer is not working.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
1. Run Audio Troubleshooter
- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in
- Click on "Playing Audio".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Check if microphone isn't disabled.
- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".
- Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".
- Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.
- Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.
3. Check if microphone isn't muted.
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Volume Mixer".
- On the Microphone slider, slide it up to 100%.
4. Boost sensitivity of Microphone
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording".
- Double click on Microphone.
- Open the Levels Tab, move the Microphone boost slider up to check audio.
5. Disable enhancements
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording“, Double
click on Microphone.
- Open the Enhancements / Effects Tab.
- Check "Disable All Sound / System Effects“. Click Apply, OK, test the Microphone again.
6. Change format of the Microphone
- Go to the Advanced Tab, choose any of the 16 bit options on the list.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
The_Fossette I am an HP Employee
I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community