01-17-2020 12:10 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the internal speakers are not working on the computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.
The audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically.
To run the troubleshooter
- In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter.
You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start > Settings > System > Sound > Troubleshoot.
If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, continue to the next tip.
To check for updates
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Do one of the following:
- If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip.
- If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now.
- Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
- Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.
If that didn't solve your problem, continue to the next tip.
Check to make sure your audio devices aren't muted and haven't been disabled.
- Right-click the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer.
- You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. Make sure none of them are muted. If any of them are muted, you’ll see a red circle with a line through it next to the volume control. In that case, select the volume control to unmute.
- Check your device properties to make sure that your devices have not been disabled by mistake. Select Start > Settings > System > Sound .
- Select your audio device, and then select Device properties. Be sure to select Device properties for both the output and input devices.
- Make sure the Disable check box is cleared for the output and input devices.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
01-21-2020 10:07 AM
I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.
Here is how you can get in touch with support.
1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
I am an HP Employee