Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i push the mute button it works but stays only orange doesnt change.It have to be white in sound.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The only other suggestion I have would be to try installing the Windows 8.1 IDT Audio driver for your notebook - if you want to try this, it's on the following link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212842&swItemId=ob_124404_1&swEnvOid=415...

Reboot after you've installed this driver.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try reinstalling the HP Hotkey driver on the link below.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212842&swItemId=ob_150949_1&swEnvOid=419...

When the reinstallation has completed, shutdown the notebook.

Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

i try it but nothing changed.Do you known anything else pls.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The only other suggestion I have would be to try installing the Windows 8.1 IDT Audio driver for your notebook - if you want to try this, it's on the following link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212842&swItemId=ob_124404_1&swEnvOid=415...

Reboot after you've installed this driver.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This site can’t be reached

h20564.www2.hp.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Thanks but got this message

Thanks but got the above message

George

George Emsden
HP Recommended

Microsoft periodically do updates to Windows 10 and these cause the mute button to stay orange.

The trick is to uninstall the driver - you wil see the "roll back" option is greyed out.

Then do a Google search for "Windows 8.1 IDT Audio Driver for ????" (???? being your PC's name).  You should get to a page on "Driver Scape" for your PC.

Do a search <CTRL><F> for Audio.

Choose the second most recent - do not choose NVIDIA if you are after IDT.

Click on the download button and choose the run option. Everything runs very smoothly and, hey presto, your orange button goes to green. Your promp is to restart your computer. I don't think this is necessary at this stage.

Go to your download folder and re-name the download file to something like "Red Mute Button Fix - etc" because microsoft will keep on doing this!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.