Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HQ TRE-71025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No sound on bush tv.

connected to lg tv no issues

device set as default but unable to hea sound not even test.

connect hp cq61 pav to bush tv no issues so must be a notebook issue with bush tv ?

nightmare so far

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @JOHN3565, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are unable to get audio from bush TV using HDMI cable.

As you mentioned that when you connect the same cable to your LGTV audio works fine. This indicates it could be a problem with your TV.

Check few settings mentioned below on your TV.

Make sure TV is not muted.
Make sure the TV is not set to SAP (secondary audio protocol)
Make sure TV input is correct (someone may have accidentally pressed the “aux” input button or similar causing the TV to use an input with no sound going to it)

Make sure there is not a pair of headphones connected to the TV audio out jack on the side or front of your TV.

Check all of the cables that are connected to the back of your TV. (it is possible the TV was moved slightly and a cable has become disconnected or loose)

If you have a receiver or surround sound connected to your TV, turn it on and see if you get sound coming from the external speakers.

Turn off the TV, cable box, and anything else connected to the TV. Sometimes turning everything off and then back on can fix the problem.

If using an “S” video cable into an input on the back of your TV, these cables carry no sound, just video, so make sure you connect an audio cable too.

Hook up an external device to the “TV audio out” input. This will be the test to see if it is a TV circuit board malfunction or the speakers are faulty on your TV.

If you are connected to a satellite box, use the included remote and go into the “menu”. Check to make sure sound settings are set correctly.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
All works fine with another tv.works fine with another laptop plugged into same port same cable etc.
On bush tv.
HP Recommended

Hey there! @JOHN3565, thanks for the reply.

Try few steps recommended below.

• Control Panel, Sound, Manage Audio Devices
• The Sound box will pop up.
• On the playback tab, you should see two icons. One for your laptop speakers, one for the external monitor/TV.
• Double click on the Laptop speakers, then click "Set Default" button on the bottom.
• The Laptop Speakers will be "Checked".
• Select OK and exit.

Let me know if this works!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Allready tried no good on notebook but ok using another laptop.
HP Recommended

Hi! @JOHN3565, thanks for the response.

Please try few steps mentioned below.

Open the Device Manager in Windows 10.
Navigate to Sound, video, and game controllers.
Now connect your PC to TV using HDMI connection.
This will show some “HDMI Audio” related driver under the above section.
Now right-click that item and UNINSTALL it.
Now right-click Sound, video, and game controllers and select “Scan for hardware changes“.
This will install a typical driver which is something like this – “Device with HDMI AUDIO OUTPUT SUPPORT”.
Now your Windows 10 HDMI audio problem should be resolved.

If the issue still persists please provide the product number of your PC.

I will try to find the best drivers for your laptop.

Hope to hear from you soon!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.