12-19-2017 02:43 PM
SOUND PROBLEM. I CAN HEAR SOUND WHEN I CLICK ON THE SPEAKER ICON AND THAT'S IT. I CANNOT HEAR ANY OF THE NEWS CLIPS ON THE INTERNET, FB, AND OTHER WEBSITES WHERE THERE IS A VIDEO AND SOUND. THE SOUND ICONS ARE ON FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE. THANKS
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-20-2017 02:14 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I understand that there is no audio when you are watching videos online.
I could help.
Are you able to play a music file or movies directly from your Notebook?
May I know since when are you facing this issue? Have you tried using different browsers?
Please provide me with the Product Number of your Notebook.
You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.
Thank you. 🙂
I Am An HP Employee
12-20-2017 03:45 PM
I found a fix:
- Click the windows start button and type "Device Manager" and open it
- Scroll down to "System Devices"
- Disable "Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) OED"
Try it and see if it works. It worked on my HP Envy x360 aq-105dx from early 2017.
12-20-2017 04:04 PM
SOLVED: Beats Control Panel missing after a Windows Update.
This is for ANY HP PC that had BEATS installed but no audio after a MS Update..
1) From the HP website, download and install this driver: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59654.exe
2) Reboot you PC. The Beats Control Panel will appear on the Taskbar after rebooting.
3) Right click the “b” logo and “Open audio control panel”
4) Put a checkmark in the “Speakers/HP”
5) If this worked for you, give me a thumbs up and share this solution with others
Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS