Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook G71-340US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I connect via HP Notebook with apps like Skype and Zoom, I need a headset to communicate, because although I can hear the incoming audio perfectly well, I cannot provide outgoing audiio to those I'm connected to without an external device like a microphone or headset, though I've noticed that the others I'm talking to don't seem to need this. Can you tell me how I can configure my audio so that I can speak into the computer to the people I'm connected to without the aid of a headset or microphone? Thanks. Dylan1953 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dylan1953,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the below steps to turn on the microphone on the computer.

1. Go to Windows Settings by using shortcut Win+I and click on Privacy tab.
  2. Select Microphone from the left panel and turn it ON.
  3. You can also choose the apps you want to use your Microphone.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03421813

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The suggested shortcut command did not open Windows Settings. I eventually found Windows Settings through Cortana and entered Privacy in the Search box. I then selected Microphone, but it was displayed as already in the "on" position. Fuirthermore, although Skype appears as one of the apps, Zoom (which I need more than Skype), does not, so I can't turn on the microphone setting for that app. Please advise. 

Dylan1953

HP Recommended

@dylan1953,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03421813

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.