Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Initially, there was a crackling sound with the audio when playing anything. Now the entire sound has gone off completely. I have tried every troubleshooting guide I have come across for 2 days straight but still no improvement.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KwameA,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already put in quite a bit of effort into troubleshooting this issue. Let's try a few more steps.

• Check Sound Settings: Ensure that the sound isn't muted or turned down low in both the application you're using and in the system sound settings.
  • Update Audio Drivers: Sometimes, outdated or corrupt audio drivers can cause issues. Try updating your audio drivers to the latest version. You can do this through Device Manager in Windows. Right-click on the Start button, select "Device Manager," find your audio device under "Sound, video and game controllers," right-click on it, and select "Update driver."
  • Roll Back Audio Drivers: If you've recently updated your audio drivers and the issue started after that, try rolling back to the previous version. Follow the same steps as above but select "Properties" instead of "Update driver," then go to the "Driver" tab and select "Roll Back Driver" if available.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Sometimes, Windows updates can also include fixes for audio issues. Make sure your system is up to date by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
  • Run Audio Troubleshooter: Windows has built-in troubleshooting tools that can sometimes help identify and fix audio issues. Go to Settings > System > Sound, then scroll down and click on "Troubleshoot" under the "Advanced sound options."
  • Check for Physical Damage: It's unlikely, but physical damage to your speakers or audio ports could also cause these issues. Make sure there's no visible damage and that all connections are secure.
  • System Restore: If the issue started recently and you haven't been able to resolve it, you could try using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state when the audio was working correctly. You can access System Restore by typing "System Restore" in the Windows search bar.
  • Check for Third-Party Software Interference: Sometimes, third-party software or drivers can conflict with your audio settings. Try disabling or uninstalling any recently installed software to see if that resolves the issue.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.