Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Started using again after 3 months - there was one of these automatic Windows done. Original notebook had Vista operating system and was updated to Windows 10 Home two years ago. Clicking on the speaker icon shows Speaker Setup (UNKNOWN). Running services and device management shows Audio Services is not Running. This is automatic and can not be made manual.

I have tried lots of HP diagnostic including updating BIOS. The device managers states that the Realek High Definition Audio Device is the correct one. Incidentally this notebook has Beatsaudio. I have also tried a number of drivers suggested by other member's solutions - no joy. There does not seem to be a solution from HP other contacting HP service and paying a fee.

Can I also ask if re-installing Windows 10 Home would work and not corrupt the HP files. Finally I did try to run the restore facility but it did not work probably because it is Vista. thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

** Resolved ** - Having gone through pages of help, HP diagnostics, Windows diagnostics and dozens of pages on this forum - all with no success. Everything pointed to a 

I decided to try and find a solution to the question I had asked on this forum. Is it possible to restore or fix Windows 10 and keep your OEM files, third party programs and user data. I googled it and got a number of suggestions, one particular one was a Youtube video by a company Britec. This guy is absolutely excellent in explaining every step of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuaXGox5f0

There is a lot of downloading done and when running the setup I had to wait for ages before anything happened, but eventually it did and the result was an amazing FIX. No more red X on speakers. I don't know if you can still do something about Beataudio but the speakers work fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

** Resolved ** - Having gone through pages of help, HP diagnostics, Windows diagnostics and dozens of pages on this forum - all with no success. Everything pointed to a 

I decided to try and find a solution to the question I had asked on this forum. Is it possible to restore or fix Windows 10 and keep your OEM files, third party programs and user data. I googled it and got a number of suggestions, one particular one was a Youtube video by a company Britec. This guy is absolutely excellent in explaining every step of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuaXGox5f0

There is a lot of downloading done and when running the setup I had to wait for ages before anything happened, but eventually it did and the result was an amazing FIX. No more red X on speakers. I don't know if you can still do something about Beataudio but the speakers work fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.