Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-19-2020 05:04 AM
Product: Spectre 360 convertible 13-ae-oxx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I get no audio through my notebook speakers. Here are the details of the issue and what I have done so far:
1) Checked all volume controls. They are fine.
2) Connected Bluetooth headphones. No issues with audio - it works just fine with my headphones.
3) Have checked Realtek audio driver - it is the latest. Also uninstalled/deleted Realtek driver and rebooted. The problem persists.
4) Tested after rolling back last two Windows updates as the problem started only a few days ago, Still no resolution. I have since re-applied all Windows updates to latest.
5) Have used automated HP Audio check. No issues found, but the problem persists.
3 REPLIES 3
10-21-2020 04:28 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed.
While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time.
Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/
The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system.
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3to perform System Recovery (Windows 10)
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
10-25-2020 03:37 AM
I have now done a system factory reset as suggested using the HP Recovery tool over the last few hours. Unfortunately it has not helped. The problem persists and ther is no audio on the notebook speakers. No problem with my headphones. I have again run HP audio check and it has found no issues.
10-26-2020 12:11 PM
It looks like a hardware issue and I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.
Here is how you can get in touch with support.
1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community