Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1731ms
Microsoft Windows 11

I installed a cambridge audio external usb dac sound driver on my hp laptop

windows 11 pc. The cambridge audio dac sound driver driver disables the realtek/windows onboard default sound drivers.

With the dac driver thus enabled, I now see "no audio input device" on sound

panel, and other relevant sound settings windows. No sound input device is displayed

in the device manager, either. But there is an integrated 2-mic array hardware in

the laptop, though now the os doesn't detect it. My question is, when I

had to disable realtek output sound driver to enable cambridge audio dac driver,

does that also disable the built-in mics' realtek/windows sound driver? Meaning

that I cannot use the internal mics while the usb dac is plugged in and running?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @krtrek2,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop microphone.

Follow the below steps to fix the issue.

A) Perform a power drain on your PC.

1) Unplug the power cord from the PC & wall.

2) Disconnect the power cable from the AC adapter if it is a detachable part and keep it aside.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the AC adapter, then connect it to the wall and to the charging port on your PC.

5) Power on the PC and wait for it to boot into Windows.

B) Update the BIOS for your PC by clicking on the link.

Make sure you keep only the charger plugged in while updating the BIOS for your PC.

Click on the + sign next to BIOS and then download the file.

Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

C) If the issue still persists, refer to the steps on this link to further troubleshoot and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

You did not answer the question that I posted. Can you please

answer the following question: While I have an external usb (Cambridge Audio)

dac running (which temporarily disables realtek output driver and enables the

dac's driver) - while the dac is in use, is it possible to use the hp Envy laptop's

internal mic array (2 stereo mics)? Because after I began using the dac, the

mic sound driver somehow disappeared or was disabled, which now causes

no internal mic to be detected in device manager or in sound settings window,

even when I re-enable realtek output audio driver. After I follow a procedure

to update the bios as you advise, will I be able to use the internal mic array

while the dac is running and the realtek audio output driver is disabled?

Or, is the internal mic input sound driver (realtek I believe) also always

disabled whenever realtek output sound driver is disabled?

HP Recommended

Hi @krtrek2,

If you are using an external device for audio and wanna use the internal microphone.

The internal microphone will work as long as the DAC you are using does not have a microphone built in.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.