Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Worked for me too - thank you!

HP Recommended

Thank you VERY much for this solution - it worked like a charm. Flemish and Dutch users should look under "apparaatbeheer".  Ronald

HP Recommended

Also posting my first ever comment to say a massive thank you. Tried literally every other troubleshooting step before finding this, and it fixed it in seconds!!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your tip/solution. I have been looking for solution for weeks for this and even willing to pay someone to fix the issue but no one can. What a lifesaver you are.

HP Recommended

Many many thanks - I was about to ship my computer back for repairs!

Like the others, hours spent (wasted) on this...

HP Recommended

YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

HP Recommended

Note - same issue and solution on W10.

It is very disappointing that neither the HP support tool nor the Intel/Windows diagnostics found this, nor the Windows troubleshooting tool.

And I then filed multiple support requests about it - no response.

HP Recommended

Thanks!!
This helped me after nearly 3 hours of fiddling and numerous restarts

HP Recommended

this is magic, thanks a lot! 

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. 
After spending almost days on fixing this by following all sorts of guides from HP and Microsoft, this little post solved it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.