Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
01-12-2021 07:34 AM - edited 01-12-2021 07:44 AM
Product: Pavilion x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I've been trying to solve this issue every way possible. There's no sound coming out of my headphones nor my speakers. I tried the following steps:
- Windows troubleshooting
- HP troubleshooting
- Updating the drivers
- Uninstalling the drivers/Reinstalling them
- Updating Windows
- Hard reset
- System restoration
- Fabric reset
- Replacing the sound board
From the Windows panel I can see that there's sound coming out and the volume controls work just fine, but still no sound coming out from the headphones nor speakers. Is it a motherboard issue?
1 REPLY 1
01-16-2021 09:14 AM
@eliana_morales, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This could be an issue with the Sound card or the Audio drivers. Let us try these steps:
Install updates using HP Support Assistant
- In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.
- Check for updates.
- If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer.
Also, run a test on the hardware components of the PC
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- Perform Component Test > Audio. Share the result in your next post.
For more info on this issue, kindly refer to - No Sound from Speakers
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community