Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion hdx9130
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I got this ancient 20'' pavilion, hdd died. Swapped it for an ssd, Installed windows 10. But there is no sound. I can see the indicators moving when playing music, sometimes I can hear some silent popping. I know that speakers are working, because it beeps during the post. Been banging my head at it for 3 days already. Could not find a properly functional driver. Official hp support page does not open for this laptop, so I had to fish for drivers in some shady places. I reinstalled to windows 7 x64, same problem persists. 

Product HP Pavilion HDX9000

Service tag - HDX9130EO

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Currently installed version 6296. tried 6498, 6482, 5607.

Hardware IDs
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_30D4103C

Compatible IDs
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384&DEV_7627
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384&DEV_7627
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&GF&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

I could really use some help please 🙂

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @Demchrome 

Dive into the official microsoft guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-sound-or-audio-problems-in-windows-73025246-b61c-40f...

( also applicable for Windows 7 )

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655715894651.png

HP Recommended

Hey, Ub6424 

I have tried all of the steps on that guide. Multiple times on windows 10 and windows 7. Default windows driver does not even move the sound indicators. All updates fully installed. troubleshooter thinks that everything is ok and should be working. This laptop has 4 audio devices to choose from. None make any sounds.

HP Recommended

Hello @Demchrome 

Focus on "8. Turn off audio enhancements" in the microsoft audio guide.

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655720285365.png

HP Recommended

As I said, I have tried all the steps multiple times on 2 different versions of windows. Nothing changes with or without enhancements. Changing bitrate also doesn't help. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Demchrome 

HP only supported that model notebook with drivers up to Windows Vista.

I looked at the Vista audio driver HP offered for your notebook, and it is version 6.10.5607.0.

Here is the link to this very reputable 3rd party website which has all the drivers you need for your notebook, but again...they are only for Windows Vista but they should also work for Windows 7 as well.

HP Pavilion HDX9130EO drivers (driverscollection.com)

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen reaches deep into the bag of tricks ... 😃

HP Recommended

Hey, Paul

I already tried that version, but probably not from the same source. I'll give it a shot, just in case. 

Will let you know if it works.

HP Recommended

Yes, I had seen that you tried that version, so I don't know why it didn't work on Windows 7.

The sp40438.exe file from the Drivers Collection site is the correct one that is on the HP FTP site as well.

If you can't get the sound to work, sometimes you can get it to work by doing this...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select the Driver tab.

3. Click on the Update Driver button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear, but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

HP Recommended

The driver did not work, but I found a bios update. Will try to update it tomorrow.

I  tried the high definition audio driver that comes with windows. No luck. 

If bios update fails i'll try to disassemble the laptop. May be the problem is with the hardware somehow...

thank you Paul and ub6424 for the help so far 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.