Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been using USB headphones (with microphone) since getting the laptop. Suddenly not working when headphones plugged in. Red x on the taskbar symbol and shows "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Tried disabling Realtek Audio, reboot and enable. Uninstalled completely including drivers and reboot, reinstalled audio drivers. External sound works same issue with headphones. Right click symbol the (USB) speaker setup shows as unknown. Run trouble-shooter for USB audio device tells me to increase volume so open mixer and change to USB audio device says not installed! Its as though the external devices aren't being registered correctly and I've tried 2 now. But it all worked well before, I don't know what's changed I haven't loaded anything different.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Yern wrote:

...  External sound works same issue with headphones. Right click symbol the (USB) speaker setup shows as unknown.

@Yern 

Sounds like you need a driver for your headphones. Please contact vendor to get a right one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. Both headphones worked previously and when plugged in for the first time receiving the usual installing device message so its never needed a specific driver. 

HP Recommended

i have the same issue as @Yern.. Monday my mpow usb headphones worked without issue and today (Wednesday) they do not????

i have been to the vendors website and they dont have "Drivers" as their product is simply plug and play.. i suspect it is a direct result of a windows update but cannot prove it

HP Recommended

Yes, I have the same issue with the internal speakers. Worked last week. Now after running diagnostics they don't. Used HP diagnostic tool to reload drivers, the test shows sound being generated internally but I hear nothing on the bose speakers.

HP Recommended

So, I tried Restore - failed to complete. Tried 3 different restore points all failed. Tried to load Realtek HD Manager this seemed to load some drivers but no UI? Still same issue. Not used laptop for 5 or 6 days...meeting today and plug/play headphones work like nothing was ever wrong!! So its resolved (itself) but I don't know why and no windows updates in the period loaded.

HP Recommended

@Yern wrote:

i noticed yesterday there was yet another windows (Minor) update, which i loaded, and after 2 reboots, my headphones have started to work again also. 
Hopefully this is the answer to our problem..

HP Recommended

There are a couple of updates waiting and update history shows was last updated over 2 weeks ago but hey...its working again.

HP Recommended

yes, exact same thing hapenning to me. Everything worked great until a random update. This is the error message after a lot of digging and troubleshooting.

INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_103C827E&REV_1000\4&202565d&1&0001 requires further installation.

But all HP diagnostics say everything is hunky dory for the integrated Bose speakers on HP Spectre, Win10Pro 64 RealTek Audio

I have run troubleshooting for weeks, updated drivers--says they are the appropriate/newest, uninstalled/reinstalled. Please help....the expensive laptop now useless for work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.