Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP envy 6 notebook pc, I had the same problem where I uninstalled and reisntalled IDT at LEAST 3 times, yet I do not have the enhancement toolbar. 😕

HP Recommended

same problem on Pavilion dm 1. No enhancement option... 

HP Recommended

After talking to HP and Costco about my stereo separation issue, I was told that the problem is the Dr Beats and cannot be fixed because it was DESIGNED to not have stereo separation.  So someone's idiotic idea that no one actually wants stereo separation cost me a bunch of money for a computer that cannot do what I needed it to do to listen to binaural beats. So much for that. I'm going back to Macintosh.

HP Recommended

I find it extremely hard to believe that this over-hyped Beats by Dre sound is not equipped to handle stereo. I am inclined to wonder if you were just talking to some idiots in the service departments you happened to call. It certainly wouldnt be the first time I've heard a totally wrong and uninformed answer from somebody whose job it is to know said answers.

I found that when I disabled IDT sound and JUST used "communications headphones" the audio was in stereo, but I had issues with being able to control the volume.

I also will be using an external USB soundcard for anything I do that requires better sound...

Beats isnt designed for stereo... doesnt that just beat all.

HP Recommended

My problem is with my Pavilion 15, purchased in September 2013, which has no Beats software. Still, my machine will not even  PLAY CDs in stereo, nor rip them in stereo. Does ANYONE have any idea what might be going on?  I don't have the option of disabling enhancements; I don't even think that is relevant.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Get a Mac. I'm the original poster and that's what I did. Not ANY kind of problem since (year and a half ago;) no problems with the sound, no problems with Microsoft coming in and "updating" the software and ruining the OS, no physical problems, etc etc etc. Get a Mac.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.