Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-10-2017 11:52 AM
Product: HP Envy 360 m6-aq105dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Notification sounds for emails, calandar updates, recycle bin and not working. I went thru windows ten settings and made sure everything was set right and it still is silent. Help!
4 REPLIES 4
07-11-2017 02:14 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx laptop. I read that the notification sounds for emails, calendar updates, recycle bin are not working in Windows 10. You have been through the Win10 settings and the issue persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- When was the last time the notifications worked fine?
- Did any software changes or updates happen after which the notifications sound stopped working?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- If this issue started recently then I suggest you to perform a Microsoft System Restore and roll back the laptop to an earlier date when everything worked fine. This does not delete your data.
If the notification sounds do not work then please check if the below steps have been performed:
- On the main Settings screen, click the “System” option.
- Click the “Notifications & actions” category.
- Under the “Notifications” section, the “Get notifications from apps and other senders” option allows you to turn on notifications.
- Below the main Notifications options, there are options to disable/enable certain apps from displaying notifications. You can also choose notification settings for each of these apps individually. To customize notifications for a specific app, click on that app in the list. For example, we want to see notifications from Outlook when we get new emails, but we’d rather not hear a sound every time, so we click “Outlook 2016” in the list.
I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂
07-11-2017 05:32 PM
Everything that you have mentioned in your extremely well-written message, I have already done including do a system restart. Interesting Lee, when I did my system reset, right after the reset completed but before the Microsoft updates started, the notification sounds were working. It was only until after the updates from Microsoft and HP began and completed did the notification sounds stop working.
07-11-2017 05:48 PM
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community