Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 Convertible 13-ar()xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Even when my new HP laptop is in sleep mode, I can hear occasional notification sounds. In addition, the external display wakes up occasionally if not completely switched off, also during sleep mode.

When I put my HP to sleep mode, I expect it to be quiet and also to not wake up the monitor from sleep. After all, I may be trying to get sleep myself. 🙂

All help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Finntegral 

If you have not already done so, try / consider:

Control Panel > icon view > Power Options

Choose when to turn off the display

Change advanced power options

Check / Adjust each of the Advanced  settings if / as desired

Click OK to save any changes

=================================================

Set Windows Updates to respect your hours of operation.

If you use it, set HP Support Assistant to Notify you about possible updates as opposed to automatically installing updates.  This is a good idea anyway since you might want control over what is updated and when it happens.  For example, you don't want the computer to suddenly start updates when the computer is not plugged into AC.  

Settings > System > Notifications & actions

Switch OFF "Get notifications from apps and other senders"

NOTE:  The only thing "OFF" may not actually switch off are your security software warnings - and that depends on the security software.

OR

If you do wish to receive notifications from one or more apps,

Switch ON "Get notifications from apps and other senders"

Switch OFF  "Show notifications on the lock screen" (Optional, of course, you might want to allow some "lock screen" notices)

Switch on only those apps you want to disturb you.

Consider switching the sound to mute and / or keep the sound turned way down "near the off position" unless you are actively using something that requires sound. 

Finally, turn the screen away from you, close the lid, set the device where you cannot see the screen easily, or toss a lightweight scarf or bit of paper over the screen.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.