Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Awesome! I have an HP Pavilion dv4-1430us, and had the same exact problem. I updated the driver and it worked! I think the problem was that I had two different types of audio drivers, and we initially upgraded the wrong one. I did take my laptop to a repair tech, and he could not figure it out unless I left the laptop and charged me for the research. Your post saved me potentially over $100 - thank you so much!
HP Recommended

I have a hp probook 6560b. I did not have the opportunity to roll back as it was greyed out, so uninstalled the driver, and scanned for new hardware, installed automatically and the orange light went back to white but thanks all the same

Hope it helps anyone with same problem

Rez

HP Recommended

SOLVED -- 
    I have an HP N75 (2107 era) running Windows 10 Enterprise. 
    I have found out how to enable/disable the orange led on the F10 key. 
Method:: 
    In the taskbar button area (where the volume icon and USB device disconnect icon lives), right click the speaker to get a menu that includes 'Open Volume Mixer' and 'Recording Devices'  (click this latter).  ALtnerately type 'Sound' from start menu.
Now opens a window with tabs across the top - Recording tab is selected - which is what we want.   

On the window is a menu, double click the menu option 'Internal Microphone' - to open another window with tabs
The tabs on the Internal Microphone Properties window are  'General' / 'Listen' / 'Levels' / 'Advanced'.   
Choose the 'Levels' tab. 
The new window shows  and upper and lower section -
  'Microphone Array Volume' on a scale from 0 to 100 and
  'Microphone Gain' in db. In the top half of the window, next to the Volume slider is a button to mute the Internal Mike.
When I click it on and off (muting the internal microphone), the orange light on the F10 key goes on and off. 
Leave it off and the orange LED is off (and the internal mike is not forced to be mute).

HP Recommended

ZBook 15 G1, Win 10 Pro v.1903 Two problems, to wit:  1) The microphone mute key(f8) does not function. I can disable the mic by entering the audio  icon on the task bar and setting the mic volume to zero or disable it by entering "settings, system, sound, input, device properties, disable" but using fn+f8 does nothing and no amber light shows when the mic is off. 2) The speaker mute switch only shows white regardless of the settings: on or off. The switch works: a little bar top left on the screen shows  the volume level or mute when the switch is pressed but the colors do not show properly, i.e., amber for speaker sound off, off when speaker sound is on; only a strong constant white light. All drivers are up-to-date and everything is functioning properly according to the HP Support Assistant . I`ve tried the suggestions mentioned above on this thread but nothing has worked so I don´t know what more I can do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.