Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased an HP Envy (2 of them) and downloaded Zoom on both. I am a heavy Zoom user. Neither of the new computers allow people to hear me although I can hear them. Any idea what to do?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KHartvickson 

Can you see the microphone icon ? You can turn it on/off (mute/unmute) . Same as for video.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi@KHartvickson, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Step 2 

1. Right-click the Windows icon and click Task Manager. ( by Zoom support )
  2. In the Apps section, double-click Zoom Meetings. You will see at least two entries for Zoom Meetings.
  3. Right-click one of the Zoom Meeting entries depending on what part of the Zoom client crashes frequently, then click Create dump file.
    Once the dump file is generated successfully, Windows will display its file path.
  4. Highlight the file path and press Ctrl+C to copy it to your clipboard.
  5. Open Windows Explorer and click the file location bar at the top.
  6. Press Ctrl+V to paste the file path, then press Enter. Click the Date modified column to display new files first. The dump file (Zoom. DMP) will display at the top of the list.
    Note: Compress the dump file before sending it.
  7. Open the task manager again.
  8. Right-click Zoom Meetings and click End task.
  9. Restart the Zoom client so the log files generated.

Click here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305593-Troubleshooting to complete the troubleshooting steps,

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.