Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP HDX
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Continue to recieve Please insert a Blank disk in the CD drive... when I try to burn a audio CD despite a new CD in the drive. I downloaded the VSO  Inspector and see this GEARAspiWDM: *** File not found ***

What to do? Any help appreciated :~)

Thanks for taking time to reply and respond, Shane 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ShanePatrice

Thanks for replying with the information. 🙂

Looks like the drive is unable to read the disks too. The MD simple burner 2.0.05 is a third party software. However, let's fix the drive issue first as it is unable to read and write on the disks. 

• Please try using multiple disks and check if the drive can read them. If none of the disks work then please continue with the next steps.
  • Let's uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the CD/DVD drive by following the below steps.
  • Click Start, right-click Computer, and select Properties.

• In the System pane, click the Device Manager link. If prompted, allow the computer to access the Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double-click an entry to expand the listing of drivers you wish to uninstall and reinstall (for example, Modems, DVD/CD-ROMs, and so on).

• Highlight each listed driver one at a time and press the Delete key. When prompted, confirm that you wish to delete these drivers.

• In the Device Manager pane, click the Scan for hardware changes icon (near the top). Windows will now scan for hardware and install default drivers for anything that requires drivers at this time.

• Verify under the heading for the type of device that your drivers are listed once again.

• Once the device drivers have been reinstalled and is listed again, try running your program again.

NOTE: Some devices may require your computer to restart. Windows will notify you that restarting is necessary. Save all open files and allow the computer to restart.

Once you have performed the above steps, if the drive continues to not read or write disks then please review the steps from this link for further troubleshooting. 

Let me know the outcome. I'm always here to assist you. Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@ShanePatrice

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand from your post that you have an HP HDX X18-1000 Premium Notebook and it;s unable to burn a blank CD and says to insert a disk in the drive. Let me assist you with this case. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a great job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the drive able to read a disk?
  • Have you tried using another blank disk?
  • Is there another disk burning application to check with?

Meanwhile. I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail from the below links. These are tried and tested steps which have known to fix such issues:

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello & thanks for helping me. I have done all the things except steps 3 & 4 in the first suggestion you listed. I don't know how to uninstall the CD burning software which I think is included in Windows Media. If you can direct me I will start to go into the registry keys, which as a nontechnical lady of 64, amazes even me! I can't believe I even have the nerve to try but I shall!

Thanks again, Shane

HP Recommended

Should I delete the wmplayer application? There is not unstall option on the drop down menu. 

Trying to figure it out, and thanks again for helping me ~ Shane

HP Recommended

@ShanePatrice

You're welcome and thank you for trying the steps. 🙂

The wmplayer is the Windows Media Player and you may not uninstall it as of now. I would like to know if this is the first time you're trying to burn a disk or if you have burned a disk before using an application on your computer. If yes, then what was the name of the application you used before. 

Alo, please let me know the answers for the below points:

• Is the drive able to read a disk?
  • Have you tried using another blank disk?
  • Is there another disk burning application to check with?

I will wait for your reply. Cheers! 😉

HP Recommended

Could it be MD simple burner 2.0.05?

HP Recommended

I have burned a CD before using the software in Window media. I've tried10 new Memorax CD-R's. Have unstalled the driver twice. The weird thing is yesterday after trying many things I was able to burn 1 CD but the tracks are 30 minutes long & I could not get it to burn the second CD. I had the same issue, Please put a CD in the Drive & the burn will automatically start. Confusing no?

HP Recommended

I've burned a CD before using the software in Window media.

I've tried10 new Memorax CD-R's. Have unstalled the driver twice.

The weird thing is yesterday after trying many things I was able to burn 1 CD but the tracks are 30 minutes long & I could not get it to burn the second CD. I had the same issue, Please put a CD in the Drive & the burn will automatically start. Confusing no?

HP Recommended

I put in an audio CD of music & it is not playing it.I can hear the CD player trying but it dosen't seem to read the disk

HP Recommended

@ShanePatrice

Thanks for replying with the information. 🙂

Looks like the drive is unable to read the disks too. The MD simple burner 2.0.05 is a third party software. However, let's fix the drive issue first as it is unable to read and write on the disks. 

• Please try using multiple disks and check if the drive can read them. If none of the disks work then please continue with the next steps.
  • Let's uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the CD/DVD drive by following the below steps.
  • Click Start, right-click Computer, and select Properties.

• In the System pane, click the Device Manager link. If prompted, allow the computer to access the Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double-click an entry to expand the listing of drivers you wish to uninstall and reinstall (for example, Modems, DVD/CD-ROMs, and so on).

• Highlight each listed driver one at a time and press the Delete key. When prompted, confirm that you wish to delete these drivers.

• In the Device Manager pane, click the Scan for hardware changes icon (near the top). Windows will now scan for hardware and install default drivers for anything that requires drivers at this time.

• Verify under the heading for the type of device that your drivers are listed once again.

• Once the device drivers have been reinstalled and is listed again, try running your program again.

NOTE: Some devices may require your computer to restart. Windows will notify you that restarting is necessary. Save all open files and allow the computer to restart.

Once you have performed the above steps, if the drive continues to not read or write disks then please review the steps from this link for further troubleshooting. 

Let me know the outcome. I'm always here to assist you. Thanks! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.