Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to use Zoom, Messenger or MS Teams, to video conference, the incoming video and audio is fine and the video from my side is ok but the audio is very weird, extremely slowed down and distorted and nobody can understand me.  This HP note book comes with the Bang & Olufsen audio . I have tried testing the audio recorder and it works ok, it records my voice and plays it back no problem but in any application where I use the mic to talk to someone else I have the weird audio.  It is not my wifi, because my tablet and phone work ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok Toad, I solved this. I guess I was just being a bit thick, probably missed something you already told me, but I was too focussed in one area.  Reinstalling the mic drivers made no difference, but what did cure the problem was to reinstall the drivers for Game Controllers. I guess these are the drivers that interact remotely with others on the internet for all applications, including Zoom, MSTeams, Messenger, etc

Thanks for your help and patience, hopefully this might be of use to others who have a similar issue.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Kev_C

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HP Assistant says no updates available. 

HP Recommended

@Kev_C

Try reinstalling the Audio Driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Also run an SFC Scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

If the issue persists please perform a Reset and check if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Toad, many thanks for the feedback. One of the frustrating problems I have is that a lot of the online help, screenshots/videos , reference options that don't correspond exactly with what is available on my machine; maybe it is because I have the Bang & Olufsen audio (standard with this notebook) .

When I expand Audio Input & Output adapters I don't get 'Audio driver' as an option. The  options I get are:

Microphone Array (Conexant ISST Audio)

Speakers (Conexant ISST Audio)

If I double-click on the mic array option, there is a driver tab and an option to update driver. It searches online and then displays 'The best drivers for you device already installed'  There are options to 'disable device' and 'uninstall device' but I am a bit nervous about using either of those.

HP Recommended

@Kev_C

That is correct. Since you are using the Bang & Olufsen audio the drivers and options will be different

You can go ahead and uninstall it and restart the Notebook. Windows will automatically look for the correct drivers and reinstall all the missing drivers once you restart

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok Toad, i tried that. Uninstalled the mic driver, restarted the notebook. Did a mic test on Zoom and it is the same.  A big delay, then my voice really slowed down so much it is impossible to understand. It's weird.

HP Recommended

@Kev_C

Thanks for keeping me posted

If the issue persists please perform a Reset and check if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok Toad, I solved this. I guess I was just being a bit thick, probably missed something you already told me, but I was too focussed in one area.  Reinstalling the mic drivers made no difference, but what did cure the problem was to reinstall the drivers for Game Controllers. I guess these are the drivers that interact remotely with others on the internet for all applications, including Zoom, MSTeams, Messenger, etc

Thanks for your help and patience, hopefully this might be of use to others who have a similar issue.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue , where do I find the game controller so I can update the drivers?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.