Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Have the exact the problem with my x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@USER001002

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette ,

PN: 2PS29EA#UUW

HP Recommended

@USER001002

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you download and install the audio driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103860.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've attempted this numerous times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even if it does work, after 1 restart the drivers automatically revert back a non-working version of 'Speaker/Headphone (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST))' with the audio and microphone not working again. I've also installed the updated to the latest bios without any success in fixing the audio/microphone.

HP Recommended

@USER001002

Looks like the driver may be getting installed from the Windows updates. I recommend you stop that driver from getting installed on the computer.

Here is how it is done.

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.

2. Make your way to System and Security.

3. Click System.

4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.

5. Select the Hardware tab.

6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.

7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Let me know how it goes!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Still doesnt work? 😕 

HP Recommended

@USER001002

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.