Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 (2W6B3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Device Manager / Sound Video Game Controller - Will not recognize Realtek HD Audio and, therefore, internal speakers and microphone will not function.  Via HP Assistant (as well as Restart + esc ), I have tested hardware /speaker function and it has passed.  Also via Assistant, I have updated BIOS and downloaded newest Audio Driver via HP website.  Still, the driver is not recognized after restart.  Bluetooth devices will allow use of audio function. I have followed older/other logs on the community forum, but the  proposed solutions do not work for me.

Michael Quintanilla
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @mikeqtx 

go to the device manager, then click on Sound, video and game controllers, uninstall the Realtek driver, it will ask if you want to remove the software, check the box, accept and then restart the device, then install the next sound driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp142001-142500/sp142490.exe

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

It is little more complicated than that.  Device manager / Sound does not recognize that the driver has been installed.  Screenshot (33).png

Michael Quintanilla
HP Recommended

Check view hidden drivers to see if it is hidden

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

The driver was hidden.  I updated both drivers, restarted, but no help.  

I then uninstalled those drivers and went back to HP to download the drivers that are supposed to work on my machine, newest version.   But, after downloading the file, I am uable to install  Don't know how to do it from there.  This is the note folder. (attached last screen)Screenshot (34).pngScreenshot (35).pngScreenshot (36).png

I went to 

Michael Quintanilla
HP Recommended

The driver link is in my first message

HP Recommended

I got it downloaded.  I assume then, I need to click on install. When I try that, however, it wont open.  I turned off Norton anti virus and firewall, but it (the small dark window) still closes like a blocked popup.Screenshot (37).png

Michael Quintanilla
HP Recommended

It should be installed just make double clicking on the exe. It is not necessary to go to the folder

HP Recommended

When I double-click the icon I have to navigate through a process that leads me to this screen.  It says to make note of the download location.  I end up with a folder inside SWSetup SP142490I attached above.  It has a few IHV file folders, 2 Install Windows Command files, picture above, but I don't know how I am supposed to get the driver installed from there.Screenshot (38).png

Michael Quintanilla
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.