Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0001ni
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, 

I recently installed Driver Booster to update all my drivers on my notebook. Upon completion, I restarted my pc and found that there was no audio from my speakers.  The Realtek Audio Driver is installed and up to date, I have the 7.1 Surround Sound Software (Razer Kraken Headset) that uses the Realtek (R) Audio (Speaker/Headphone) when trying to connect to the output device and enable the surround sound, and the error states that Realtek Audio Output Device is not detected. I check my system settings and ran the troubleshooter and was not able to locate the output device. I have attempted a few methods suggested by google but am still unable to solve them. I also am unable to do a system restore from before the drivers were updated, I keep getting presented with an error  "Unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x80070005)", I disabled my antivirus and was still presented with the error. The driver booster is on the free version and is of no help. I used the HP Support Assistant and was still unsuccessful. At this point, I am assuming that my Speakers Output Device is missing from somewhere or has been corrupted.  I am working from home so not having sound is affecting my work. I would really appreciate it if someone can give a step-by-step guide that will help me resolve this.  Please find screenshots attached of the Device Manager drivers that are installed and other relevant information. I really appreciate any assistance. image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found something you can try to resolve the error.

Start first by going into the device manager and rolling back the audio driver to the previous driver before doing any other solutions.

If you are still experiencing other challenges then refer to this link from Iobit.

https://www.iobit.com/en/knowledge-how-to-fix-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-error-in-windows-1...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.