Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i made an account just to thank you sir! it worked!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as you outlined in your previous post 

"None of these seem to be a solution for me. 

1) Solution by Schidakov : Rollback the SST drivers : I dont have that option (greyed out)

2) Solution by DaveArnold78 : Right click, select Update Driver, Choose browse from computer. Ok I browse... where? what files? Unclear.
I tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers from HP, number SP089052 , it ends in error "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver" , error -0001, No driver supported in this driver package."

I followed the link you gave. I am an amature at computer 'hacking' 'reprograming' 'terminal inputing' whatever you want to call it.  Also i am totally new to windows and all this bussiness of driver install and whatever is crazy talk to my OSX mind. 

Can you expain the process you did please? i am concerned about screwing up something important. 

Thanks heaps 🙂

HP Recommended

Your fix does not work.  The option is not present in device manager

HP Recommended

@Shakey_hands :

Thats an older post of mine, I updated what I did in a follow-up post a couple of pages later, just for ease of use I'll paste it here again:

The original solution wasn't helping for me, so what I did was to go the original website of Realtek , it's here :
http://www.realtek.com/
Choose downloads > High definition audo codecs (checkmark) > and choose the 64 bit driver at the top of the list. This should make your sound work again, it did for me at least.

Also this morning I downloaded this , the link Shun_Ryu15 prodived :
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81928.exe

And applied that to get the Omen / Bang & Olufson control panel back. Hopefully this works for you!

---

This techworm article might also work :
https://www.techworm.net/2018/10/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.html

HP Recommended

Hi - I have the same problem, have been trying to fix it via DM's on Twitter from HP Support but it can take half a day to get a response.  I was instructed to go to View & Select Devices  by connection on the device manager and to expand PCI Express Root Complex - I don't have a PCI Express Route Complex Listed there, only under 'Devices by type' and it isn't expandable. What do I do now? I tried to do a screen grab of what i do have but it won't let me. 

HP Recommended

Thank you SO much, CrimsonOmen -  I downloaded it from Realtek using your link,  and my audio is back - wonderful!! 

HP Recommended

This is truly the fix. The SST Driver was bad and caused other drivers to not work. The problem was that my headphone jack and the internal speaker was not recognized. Once I deleted the driver and removed it from the storage the manager auto recognized the speakers. I had tried everything except rolling the computer back to a previous build and a factory reset. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for taking the time to post your fix. You are awesome!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Microsoft installed intel sound driver couse your realtech sound card doesn't work properly. So you have to unstall the driver with software and install realtech sound driver and you are done 🙂

Thanks and regads.

Abdullah

Regards.

Abdullah Kılıç
HP Recommended

You can just delete all those unnecessary drivers and install the latest one? Those are from the auto-updates. You just didn't notice. OS like LInux and Microsoft allows you to autoclean unnecessary files through their built-in software. 

Tech guy, geek, blogger at Hottoner.com.au - digital creative in a nutshell. Deals with printers, inks and toner cartridges. Need more experience with 3D printers.
HP Recommended

well just buy a different computer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.