Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 du1014tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp 15 du1014tu have some volume issue for headphone and in build speaker.
once we connect the headphone and listen the music and remove the headphone and continue the music with speaker then the volume play like headphone level not like a speaker volume (both volume level is default level, not changed).

Why speaker volume not play at original sound after connect and remove the headphone. any one noted/have this issue ?.

Note: This HP du1014tu laptop I brought last week ago. Now The Audio volume issue occured. Some video chat  sound isn't clear. Can't properly continue the online class also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@David-91 

You can also check the System Information menu on your computer to see what motherboard you have. Here’s how to do so:

1. In the Windows search bar, type in ‘System Information’
2. Scroll down on the System Summary tab (opens on the left side of the window) until you find ‘Motherboard Manufacturer’, or ‘BaseBoard Manufacturer’.
3. The information next to ‘Motherboard/BaseBoard Manufacturer’, ‘Motherboard/BaseBoard Model’, and ‘Motherboard/BaseBoard Name’, should give you the information you are looking for.

Have a nice day!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@David-91 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing Realtek Speaker and headphone Volume issues.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please uninstall the audio drivers and update the chipset. Then restart the computer and install the audio drivers.

Also, update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15s-du1000-laptop-pc-series/29159337/model/31594...

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply,

How to check Intel chipset driver is install or not for laptop?.

HP Recommended

@David-91

I understand your concerns.

Please click the below link to download the chipset drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105001-105500/sp105495.exe

Please click the below link to update the audio drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103607.exe

Please click the below link to download the BIOS.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107501-108000/sp107533.exe

Please install the above drivers let us know.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I know how to download drivers.  But I think you didn't answer my question. 

My question is

how to check intel chipset ,driver is already install or not in my laptop.  

HP Recommended

@David-91 

I understand your concerns.

Please follow the below steps to check which chipset driver is installed.

1. Right-click the Windows icon on the toolbar, then click Device Manager.
  2. Go down to System Devices, expand it, then look for one of the following. If there are multiple listings, look for the one that says Chipset:
    • ALI
    • AMD
    • Intel
    • NVidia
    • VIA
    • SIS

Please follow the below steps to update the chipset drivers.

1. Once you locate you determine what chipset you have, right-click it, then select Properties.
  2. In the window that appears, click the Driver tab, and take note of the Driver Date and Driver Version.
  3. Go to the Motherboard manufacturer’s website and compare the chipset driver currently installed on your computer to the latest one listed on their website.
  4. If the driver is out of date, download and install the latest version.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Really Thank you so much for your reply,

I have one more question and final question.

How to check the laptop mother board brand/manufacture model.

Note: Really HP customer support is best when we compare to Dell customer service. HP doing a good job.

HP Recommended

@David-91 

You can also check the System Information menu on your computer to see what motherboard you have. Here’s how to do so:

1. In the Windows search bar, type in ‘System Information’
2. Scroll down on the System Summary tab (opens on the left side of the window) until you find ‘Motherboard Manufacturer’, or ‘BaseBoard Manufacturer’.
3. The information next to ‘Motherboard/BaseBoard Manufacturer’, ‘Motherboard/BaseBoard Model’, and ‘Motherboard/BaseBoard Name’, should give you the information you are looking for.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.