Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0003ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The audio driver for hp envy does not install properly. It finishes half way through with a black screen after being timed out.

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver (Windows 10 v1809)

Version: 6.0.1.8544 Rev.C

Release date: Nov 16, 2018

File: sp92773.exe (165.5 MB)

Hp laptop: HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0003ca

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JackShmitt
Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing difficulties with audio driver installation on HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0003ca notebook. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Let's uninstall the existing sound driver in your laptop and reinstall a new driver for your sound device.

1) Open Device Manager in your laptop.

2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand it. (Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver-Ignore Intel  )

3) Right-click your sound device and click Uninstall device. (Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver-Ignore Intel )

4) Confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device if there’s an option like this, then confirm the uninstall. (Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver-Ignore Intel ​​​​​​)

5) Restart your computer and Windows will automatically download and install the latest sound driver for your device. After that, check the sound to see if it works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No your generic response does not help. I have already tried what you have suggested, and much more.

I am telling you that there is something wrong with the installation file on your website.

HP Recommended

@JackShmitt

Thank you for posting back. 

I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please do not send me private messages. I have told you that your latest drivers for the version mentioned above do not install. Please test tell Hp to test their software before sending it out to the customers. Please try to replicate the problem yourself. If you need help, I can assist you with that. If the customers are paying Hp a large amount of money. The least Hp can do is to pay someone to test their software, before sending it out to customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.