05-19-2017 05:17 AM
After the computer was turned on again after being in sleeping mode the volume is not working. The volume regulation box is stuck in the upper left corner, and it is impossible to turn the volume down as it increases to maximum by itself right away. The volume device registered is Realtek high definition audio, headphones/speakers. The AMD High Definition Audio Device's status is "not connected".
Tried to update the drivers as well as reinstall it without any luck.
Thanks for any help!
05-20-2017 09:21 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @Loney
I read about your notebook issue and wanted to stop in to share my suggestions with you
Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while playing audio on your HP notebook. I will certainly try and help you fix this issue!
I did some digging in the RealTek driver page and found that there is a new driver update released in the Jan 13th 2017. Let’s give it a try:
- First, completely uninstall the audio drivers that are currently on your PC from the device manager as suggested below.
Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
- Expand "Sound, Video and game controllers" – Right-click and uninstall the RealTek audio drivers.
- Make sure to click on the box which says to “Delete the driver software”.
- Now restart the computer.
- Go to http://hp.care/2jjQvKB and then download and install the Windows 7 64 bit drivers. Click on “Global” to download. Check the fig. below for ref.
- There are a couple of drivers available. You can choose the best one as per the results.
- Restart the computer once done.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Have a great day
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!