Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Accidentally uninstalled Omen Audio Control. Reinstalling latest realtek audio driver (after uninstalling audio drivers and related software) did not bring back missing software. I am not experiancing any audio problems but I would like to have this software.

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I actually solved this problem myself, something hp support failed to do. Feel free to give me a job guys.

This worked for my omen 17 2019. Download the latest Realtek Audio drivers from hp support. Run the installer, it will extract the files and try to install but fail halfway saying that the driver does not support the o.s version. (in other words, it will only work with an older version of windows not the latest updates). 

Go to the extracted files at c:\SWsetup

Search for a folder called APPX

In this folder you will find 'f634d290d8be4f529dbff6284f415227.appxbundle'

Run this package and it will install the omen audio control center.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @ThanMitr

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the computer? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

While you respond to that, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

The exact model name of my laptop is: OMEN by HP Laptop Model 17-cb0011nv

The PC is fully updated, I don' t have any trouble with my sound devices and DTS:X is working fine

HP Recommended

@ThanMitr

Download and install the Audio driver from this link.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Installing the driver from provided link did not  work.

I had already tried reinstalling the same driver, downloaded from product' s page, numerous times.

HP Recommended

@ThanMitr

Try restoring the application using the Recovery Manager. 

Refer to this document for steps - HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My PC has not HP Recovery Manager (as my older HP PC has). It has only Windows Recovery Manager, not having an option for reinstalling factory software. I also don' t have either a restore point or a system image created before uninstalling the software.

HP Recommended

@ThanMitr

Thanks for replying. 

I'd suggest you back-up the data and try performing a recovery. Refer to this document for steps.  

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your time and  expertise.

Since I do not have any problems with my audio devices and sound experience, and full system recovery to factory settings would cause too much incovenience,  I will most probably wait for future updates to solve the problem automatically.

Once again thank you very much.

Actually, I am sure that provided solution and usefull information will be very usefull in dealing with future problems concerning more critical software components or system failures.

HP Recommended

I can not believe the poor performance of the hp support on here! This person is looking for software BY YOU, windows update would obviously not install that. Doing a factory restore is just lazy support and like the user said, an inconvenience. 

How about you provide a download link?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.