Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you sooo much. This was driving me crazy after a win 10 reinstall. I have an envy23 AIO

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please help me out?! 🙂

I've been trying to reinstall several audio drivers and I keep on receiving an error. (my native language isn't English, so I'm not sure how to translate the error message I get... something about the IDT software package not being supported I think). I believe that this is the problem you're talking about? 

Do I need to get the Beats Audio Control Panel back now or what do you suggest? I don't know much about computers but I really hate how bad the sound is on my laptop now... can you please try to help me out? 🙂

Kind regards!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please help me out?! Smiley Happy

I've been trying to reinstall several audio drivers and I keep on receiving an error. (my native language isn't English, so I'm not sure how to translate the error message I get... something about the IDT software package not being supported I think). I believe that this is the problem you're talking about? 

Do I need to get the Beats Audio Control Panel back now or what do you suggest? I don't know much about computers but I really hate how bad the sound is on my laptop now... can you please try to help me out? Smiley Happy

Kind regards!

HP Recommended

Hi ejsstbthw, Have you tried going to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and looking for IDT software and then uninstalling it first? The Beats Panel is part of the IDT software.
Here is my suggestion:
Uninstall IDT (as decribed above)
Reboot
Install the IDT driver that I've shared on the link below
REBOOT

I have all the drivers for th HP ENVY and saved them BEFORE HP made them unavailable so if you need anything, let me know 🙂
ALSO Look at my prior post in this thread of 10-2-2016.
If this helps, please click "kudos"
SOLUTION: Quick answer and solution: Download the IDT driver (it includes Beats after a reboot) from my GoogleDrive here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6OFUugVH6DuMVV6VE9lN0t1c3c/view?usp=sharing 

If this solution has worked mark Reply 'Accept as Solution'

Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
HP Recommended

Thank you Veliko!!

It said the installation failed, but after following your instructions and restarting at every stage I now have full audio functionality again! 

Ridiculous HP have removed the drivers to make this possible. Would have been completely audioless if it hadn't been for you.

HP Recommended

Hi Veliko,

Thank you, but I can't find the IDT software om my computer... :s

Is it possible that it has another name, or that there is a similar software that I have to remove?

HP Recommended

If I look through my computer I can find the following drivers:

- drmk.sys

- HdAudio.sys

- ksthunk.sys

- portcls.sys

- SysFxUl.dll

- WMALFXGFXDSP.dll

Should I try deleting HdAudio maybe?

HP Recommended

If you go to 'Device Manager' you will find under 'Sound, Video, and Game controllers' the IDT High Def Audio Codec. Right click on it there and click uninstall. Restart PC, then install Veliko's driver, restart PC, and it should then work.

HP Recommended

Hi ejsstbthw,

Do exactly what tr1stu5 instructed and that should work for you.

As far as manually deleteing anything, I'm not in a position to give that advice to anyone unless I'm sitting at their computer myself.
If for whatever reason, you are unable to follow tr1stu5 instructions on uninstalling the old drivers, then just go ahead with the next step of downloadin the driver from my Google drive and take it from there.

Here is a direct link to theSOUND DRIVER ONLY:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6OFUugVH6DuU0pHQ1FXcTVGUG8/view?usp=sharing
If you want to read the details of the IDT sound driver that includes BEATS, here is the link:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6OFUugVH6DueU5Ydkk5S1ZSOVk

And here is the link for ALL the Envy-dv7 drivers:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6OFUugVH6DuMkJSYmVubndKbUU

If this solution has worked mark Reply 'Accept as Solution'

Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
HP Recommended

i NEED MY BEATS BACK ON MY HP PC. UPLOADED WINDOWS 10 AND ITS GONE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.