01-21-2017 09:35 AM
To get Beats Audio Back in Windows 10, first you need to uninstall any audio driver you have previously installed.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R
- Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- In the Device Manager window,
- Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
- Right click the Realtek High Definition Audio or IDT High Definition Audio or any other audio driver and select Uninstall
- You should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall
Now download the following driver and Install (NOTE: Please donot use any downloader)
HP pavilion dv6, dv7 and HP Envy dv6 and dv7
Hp Pavilion 15
HP 242 G2 Notebook
Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
01-29-2017 12:47 PM
09-29-2019 01:31 PM
Because there apparently is nothing specific for WIndows 10 on my laptop (even though my laptop works fine with the Windows 10 update), following your directions just lost me my functioning audio device! Why is HP too lazy to have an update to their drivers for their products that have an processing system that updates? I managed to find a way to playback sounds before, and only the microphone was an issue with beats audio not updating, but now I lost it all!