Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv7-3188cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using windows 10/64 with IDT High Definition Codec.  Sound works fine but cannot use any of the IDT enhancements.  Notice in EQ panel below frequency goes from 0Hz to 0Hz:IDT Console.PNG

I have uninstalled the device, reinstalled the IDT software and reinstalled the device.  Again, I have good sound but cannot enable/use any of the enhancements.  Thoughts, suggestions??  Thanks for your help!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @RK99,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I have taken a look at your post and see that the Equalizer bars are non-existent on your HP Pavilion dv7-3188cl notebook. This is most likely a driver compatibility issue as I looked at the driver page for your notebook and there hasn't been any Windows 10 driver releases for this notebook.

Please start with a hard reset. After that, use this audio troubleshooting document:

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers

(I'm aware this is a Windows 8 document but most of the steps will be the same for Windows 10)

I did some searching and found a driver that is compatible with Windows 8.1. To download this driver go to this link: IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Version: 6.10.6492.0

Updating the drivers

1. Download this file
2. Click the windows key + R
3. Type devmgmt.msc and then click OK
4. Click the view tab, then on hidden devices
5. Click on the little + beside, sound, video and game controllers
6. Right-click on the audio controller, then click properties
7. Go to the Driver tab
8. Click on Update Driver
9. Select the option that says Browse my computer for driver software
10. The file will be located at C:\SWSetup\sp64182

The path will be: Computer OS (C: ) SWSETUP sp64182

(Make sure the check box called Include subfolders is checked)
11. Click Next
12. Reboot the computer

I look forward to the results! If this information is helpful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

- Thanks for your reply.  Unfortumately this did not change the behavior of the system.  I have included a few othe screen captures to make things more clear.  Sorry for showing so many - I wanted you to have answers to most of your questions!!  Thanks!!  Bob K.

Previous capture did not have music playing.  If music had been playing it would have looked like this.

IDT Playing.PNG

Main Screen.PNG

Settings.PNG

Just to show the right driver is in use...

Properties.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.